Keywiz Encoder ST40
40 inputs MAME Perfect
Keywiz Encoder ST40.
- 40 direct input lines. No Matrix means No Blocking, No Phantom Keys and no variable delays. All inputs are given equal priority and speed. If you see an interface with more claimed inputs than it has pins on the processor, it probably uses a messy matrix approach, which can cause ghosting and requires specially paired wiring. The KeyWiz uses a single common ground shared with every switch, for simple wiring and troubleshooting.
- Custom, State-Based De-bounce Code. Keys are sent the moment the inputs have stabilized. No time delays!
- The Shazaaam! Key. Like the shift key on a keyboard, the Shazaaam! Key lets 32 of your buttons have an alternate key assignment. The Shazaaam! Key does not take away an input, so all 40 inputs are always available for use. Another unique Shazaaam! feature is that, with an additional low-cost adapter, any switch can be modified to send a code from the alternate set with a single button press! This means you can have up to 32 additional switches for secondary functions, and still have all 40 normal inputs available for primary controls.
- Fully Programmable. All 40 normal and 32 Shazaaam! key definitions can be configured through the custom codeset to suit your application
- Jumperless Operation. The Custom codeset can be uploaded at any time, with no re-configuration of the hardware required.
- On-The-Fly Codeset Switching. Just hold down the Shazaaam! Key and move control stick 1 left or right to seamlessly toggle between the default MAME compatible keycode assignments and the custom keycode set.
- Whopping 56 Character Circular Buffer. Gives KeyWiz the highest reliability and maximum throughput capabilities without “stuck” or “missed” keys.
- MAME Ready Right-Out-Of-The-Box. By popular demand, the KeyWiz firmware-default codeset has been made compatible with MAME defaults and includes other useful regular and Shazaaam! Key definitions (Custom firmware-default keycode definitions can be supplied for specialized applications. Contact us for more information).
- Fully Interrupt Driven. The key processing begins the instant activity is sensed on ANY input.
- Full-featured Custom Codeset Management Software. Completely mouse/trackball driven. One-click selection of any of 15 user definable codesets (40 normal and 32 Shazaaam! codes per). Codeset to be active after programming is user-selectable. Each KeyWiz codeset can have an application associated with it for automatic launching after programming.Command line options for autoprogramming / batch file operation.
- OS independant. The default MAME-compatible keycode definitions are stored in firmware and are available immediately upon power-up. This means KeyWiz can be used with any OS and requires no drivers. The PC thinks the KeyWiz is a standard PS/2 keyboard, but the KeyWiz knows that it is much better :).
- Small Footprint. 1.55 x 4.43 inches. Large enough for easy connections, but small enough to mount just about anywhere.
- Dual-layer PCB. Highest quality for durability and reliable operation.
- 44 Screw Connection Points Available on the PCB. 40 inputs, 1 Shazaaam! (Shift), 2 Grounds and 1 +5v connection.
- Completely PS/2 Port Powered. No external power source necessary.
6′ PS/2 Cable Included